We are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
Our shop is in the doorway of a large barn which is open to the fresh air.
We only have one household at a time in the shop.
When the shop is open you can also wander round the farm – perhaps to feed the chickens, or maybe just sit by the pond and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the farm!
Our range for March 2021 includes:
- our own produce
- a small amount of salad greens from our polytunnel – lettuce, mizuna, hot rocket/mustard mix
- a small amount of perpetual spinach and chard from our polytunnel.
- fresh herbs – sage, rosemary
- dried chillies
- Off-site range. From various local suppliers. They are not all organic, but it is a start. We will try to source organic produce for the future.
- spring greens/Saveloy cabbage
- curly kale / cavelo nero
- white onions
- red onions
- white potatoes
- red potatoes
- mixed nuts
- garlic (from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm)
- roasted garlic (from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm)
- chicken and duck eggs (and the occasional goose egg)
- from our own free range and organically fed chickens and ducks. Highly rated by our customers, and usually we have a full order book.
- free range duck and chicken eggs from Clayton’s at Romsey
- organic flour from Shipton Mill (Gloucestershire)
- Cheese from Lyburn Farm in the New Forest
- jams, pickles and preserves
- specially commissioned jams and chutneys made from our produce. Current stock: Chard and Spinach in brine (8)
- olive oil infused with our flavours: Garlic and Bay (4); Rosemary (5); Chilli (3); Basil (2)
- stuffing mix- all our own dried herbs + a fresh egg!!! (5);
- our own dried chillies (10+)
- vanilla sugar (10+)
- honey – 100% natural local honey
- Isle of Wight Garlic Farm preserves: Roast Garlic Jam (10); Garlic Jam with Red Chilli (10); Olives Stuffed with Garlic (10); Garlic Mayonnaise (12)
- hand made soap – from Southampton
- refill detergents – bring your own bottles and refill the range of household cleaning products from SESI – ethical and environmental.
- split logs – mix of seasoned soft and hardwood for £7/sack. (5 or more sacks at £5.60/sack)
- Swedish candles (£12) – a great patio heater/lighter for your outdoor gatherings
Grow your own
We have some vigorous day lily plants for sale right now at £6 each. They will last for many years and produce vibrant orange flowers that last a day and can be eaten (the only edible lily flower we know of). Once established they spread well and make a lovely edible addition to your garden.
Image by : By Fan Wen – Own work http://www.flowersview.com/Hemerocallis%20fulva/Hemerocallis+fulva.jpg.html
CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=43556071
We don’t have anything else at present, but in the coming weeks we will have lettuce, spring cabbage, onion, perpetual spinach, beetroot, radish. All raised from seed in our polytunnel.
A word about our eggs
We sell eggs from our free range, organically fed chickens and ducks.
Our chicken eggs are much in demand and we have some long-standing customers and our order book is full. We are not currently taking more orders for chicken eggs.
Our duck egg supply is a bit better as we this year we grew the flock with some home-hatched ducklings.
The ducks and chickens free range around our meadows and under our trees. Their free-ranging is supplemented with organic feed. These organic layers pellets are quite expensive and it means that our eggs are 40p (£2.40 for 6).
Goose eggs are £1.25 each – available from March to May. The geese are our grass cutting team. They feed on grass (or apples if they scrump some!).
Our Christmas 2017 line up:
Here is what we were selling in September 2017:
Deliveries? Pick your own?
We are developing our ways of getting produce to you.
In 2018 we delivered by bike to a local work place once a week where people buy fresh veg from their staff kitchen. We have also supplied The Art House Cafe.