We are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
Our shop is in the doorway of a large barn which is open to the fresh air.
When the shop is open you can also wander round the farm – perhaps to feed the chickens, or maybe just sit by the pond and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the farm!
Our summer range includes:
- our own produce
- salad leaves
- spinach, chard
- beetroot, radish, baby carrots, celeriac, kohl rabi
- onions, garlic
- tomatoes, cucumbers, celery
- fresh herbs – sage, rosemary, mint, lovage, parsley
- french beans, runner beans
- Off-site range. From various local suppliers. They are not all organic, but it is a start. We will try to source organic produce for the future.
- cauliflower or spring cabbage
- mixed nuts
- garlic (from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm)
- roasted garlic (from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm)
- chicken and duck eggs (and the occasional goose egg)
- from our own free range and organically fed chickens and ducks. Highly rated by our customers, and usually we have a full order book.
- free range duck and chicken eggs from Clayton’s at Romsey
- organic flour from Shipton Mill (Gloucestershire)
- Cheese from Lyburn Farm in the New Forest
- milk refills from Dorset Dairy
- Hampshire Salami
- Hampshire oil and dressings
- jams, pickles and preserves
- stuffing mix- all our own dried herbs + a fresh egg!!! (5);
- Isle of Wight Garlic Farm preserves: Roast Garlic Jam (10); Garlic Jam with Red Chilli (10); Olives Stuffed with Garlic (10); Garlic Mayonnaise (12)
- hand made soap – from Southampton
- refill detergents – bring your own bottles and refill the range of household cleaning products from SESI – ethical and environmental.
- split logs – mix of seasoned soft and hardwood for £7/sack. (5 or more sacks at £5.60/sack)
- Swedish candles (£12) – a great patio heater/lighter for your outdoor gatherings
Grow your own
We have a variety of bedding and pot plants/flowers including geraniums, iris, lilly, hazel. For example we have some vigorous day lily plants for sale right now at £6 each. They will last for many years and produce vibrant orange flowers that last a day and can be eaten (the only edible lily flower we know of). Once established they spread well and make a lovely edible addition to your garden.
Image by : By Fan Wen – Own work http://www.flowersview.com/Hemerocallis%20fulva/Hemerocallis+fulva.jpg.html
CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=43556071
A word about our eggs
We sell eggs from our free range, organically fed chickens and ducks.
Our chicken eggs are much in demand and we have some long-standing customers and our order book is full. We are not currently taking more orders for chicken eggs.
Our duck egg supply is a bit better as we this year we grew the flock with some home-hatched ducklings.
The ducks and chickens free range around our meadows and under our trees. Their free-ranging is supplemented with organic feed. These organic layers pellets are quite expensive and it means that our eggs are 40p (£2.40 for 6).
Goose eggs are £1.25 each – available from March to May. The geese are our grass cutting team. They feed on grass (or apples if they scrump some!).
Our Christmas 2017 line up:
Here is what we were selling in September 2017:
Deliveries? Pick your own?
We are developing our ways of getting produce to you.
In 2018 we delivered by bike to a local work place once a week where people buy fresh veg from their staff kitchen. We have also supplied The Art House Cafe.