We are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
Our shop is in the doorway of a large barn which is open to the fresh air.
We only have one household at a time in the shop.
Face coverings are optional.
When the shop is open you can also wander round the farm – perhaps to feed the chickens, or maybe just sit by the pond and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the farm!
Our range for the week beginning 16 November 2020 includes:
- our own produce
- salad greens
- hot rocket/mustard mix
- land cress
- cooking greens:
- chard, spinach
- [new this month] leeks – just a few so far
- fresh herbs – sage, rosemary
- radish, beetroot
- chillies: Mexican Jalapeno, Lemon Drop
- Red Kuri squash – last 3 of the season
- [coming next month] bulb fennel; radicchio; endive hearts
- salad greens
- NEW: for the lock-down we have extended our off-site range. These are all from our local wholesaler. They are not organic, but it is a start. We will research organic produce for the future.
- garlic (from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm)
- roasted garlic (from the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm)
- chicken and duck eggs
- from our own free range and organically fed chickens and ducks. Highly rated by our customers, and usually we have a full order book.
- free range duck and chicken eggs from Clayton’s at Romsey
- organic flour from Shipton Mill (Gloucestershire)
- Cheese from Lyburn Farm in the New Forest
- jams, pickles and preserves
- a growing range of specially commissioned jams and chutneys made from our produce. Current stock: Raspberry Jam (1); Blackcurrant Jam (4); Elderberry and Plum Jam (7); Spiced Carrot Chutney (2); Fig and Plum Chutney (3); Pickled Quails Eggs (5)
- honey – 100% natural local honey
- Isle of Wight Garlic Farm preserves: Roast Garlic Jam (10); Garlic Jam with Red Chilli (10); Olives Stuffed with Garlic (10)
- hand made soap – from Southampton
- refill detergents – bring your own bottles and refill the range of household cleaning products from SESI – ethical and environmental.
- split logs – mix of seasoned soft and hardwood for £7/sack. (5 or more sacks at £5.60/sack)
Grow your own
We sell our surplus plants (actually we grow a few extra for you!).
All raised from seed in our polytunnel before we plant them out.
Plug plant size – 50p each
- Dill, parsley, mint, fennel for outdoors
Blueberry – lovely plants potted up ready to produce next year.
A word about our eggs
We sell eggs from our free range, organically fed chickens and ducks.
Our chicken eggs are much in demand and we have some long-standing customers and our order book is full. We are not currently taking more orders for chicken eggs.
Our duck egg supply is a bit better as we this year we grew the flock with some home-hatched ducklings.
The ducks and chickens free range around our meadows and under our trees. Their free-ranging is supplemented with organic feed. These organic layers pellets are quite expensive and it means that our eggs are 40p (£2.40 for 6).
Goose eggs are £1.25 each – available from March to May. The geese are our grass cutting team. They feed on grass (or apples if they scrump some!).
Our Christmas 2017 line up:
Here is what we were selling in September 2017:
Deliveries? Pick your own?
We are developing our ways of getting produce to you.
In 2018 we delivered by bike to a local work place once a week where people buy fresh veg from their staff kitchen. We have also supplied The Art House Cafe.