Manure is very important for us to keep our soil healthy.
We are very fortunate that our friends at nearby Down to Earth Farm keep a variety of animals and as a consequence have a large pile of manure we can get our hands on. (Well, not our hands, our pitch forks!)
Our good friend Andy the Acorn Tree Specialist is helping us with transport.
So all we need now are lots of good friends to spend the morning with wheel barrows and pitch forks to load and unload.
This is what me mean by Manure Day !
- [times have changed!!] We will meet on Sat 7 Oct at 2.30pm at Aldermoor Community Farm or 3.00pm at Down to Earth Farm on Green Lane (SO16 9FQ).
- We will load up using wheelbarrows and pitch forks loaned by Down to Earth.
- We will return to Aldermoor Farm to unload and distribute the manure to our veggie beds.
- We will enjoy a hearty cup of tea!
- If you want to arrive early and have lunch with us, please do – we do lunch at about 12.30
We are hoping for 12 helpers (the dirty dozen??). It would make us less nervous if you could sign up below if you can help.