Saturday 2nd December 2017 – 10am to 4pm
Our first Christmas open day was a great success. During the day we had 106 people visit. About 15 were new friends, the rest had been to a summer open day before. We even had two people keen to join in our volunteer sessions on Fridays and Saturdays.
Thank you to everyone who came and enjoyed themselves!
The main attractions were:
- making wreaths from holly, ivy and other greenery from around the farm
- sitting by our outdoor fire place, making pizza on a stick and toasting marshmallows
- drinking hot mulled apple juice and other hot drinks
- eating the lovely cakes provided by volunteers, including a marvellous Christmas cake
- buying our range of wooden decorations and candle holders
- walking round the farm and feeding chickens (and it wasn’t just children who kept coming back for ‘just one more’ cup of seeds).
- buying our plum jams and chutneys and spiced green tomato chutneys.
Here are some snippets of action from the day: